The Tuskegee-Macon County Head Start Program receives 80% of the funds necessary to operate the program from the Federal Government. The other 20% must come from the community in the form of in-kind/non-federal share (donated) services, materials, and financial contributions to the program.
These are a few ways to donate or provide in-kind
- Give Your Time – e., assist classroom staff or maintenance staff with duties, participate with parent committees, serve on the policy council, join the health services advisory committee, join the school readiness team, and/or participate as a reviewer on the annual self-assessment team
- Provide Services – i.e., professional consultant services
- Contribute Consumable Items – i.e., paper, pen, file folders, toner or ink cartridge, slightly worn clothing for children and adults, and developmentally appropriate toys
- Offer Use of Your Facility – i.e., for staff/parent meetings and training
- Share Your Resources – i.e., monetary donations are welcome